Use Subheadings– but do not use more subheadings than listed below Introduction ● Signpost reader to the contents of your essay Campaign Overview ● Identify the campaign you are focusing….
Calculate the cycle time, cycle time efficiency, and cost of the university admission process described
Exercise 7.11 Calculate the cycle time, cycle time efficiency, and cost of the university admission process described in Exercise 1.1 (page 5), assuming that:
• The process starts when an online application is submitted.
• It takes on average 2 weeks (after the online application is submitted) for the documents to arrive to the student’s service by post.
• The check for completeness of documents takes about 10 min. In 20% of the cases, the completeness check reveals that some documents are missing. In this case, an email is sent to the student automatically by the university admission management system based on the input provided by the international student’s officer during the completeness check.
• A student services officer spends on average 10 min to put the degrees and transcripts in an envelope and to send them to the academic recognition agency. The time it takes to send the degrees and transcripts to the academic recognition agency and to receive back a response is 2 weeks on average.
• About 10% of applications are rejected after the academic recognition assessment.
• The university pays a fee of e 5 each time it requests the academic recognition agency to accept an application.
• Checking the English language test results takes 1 day on average, but the officer who performs the check only spends 10 min on average per check. This language test check is free.
• About 10% of applications are rejected after the English language test.
• It takes on average 2 weeks between the time students service sends the copy of an application to the committee members and the moment the committee makes a decision (accept or reject). On average, the committee spends 1 h examining each application.
• It takes on average 2 days (after the decision is made by the academic committee) for the student’s service to record the academic committee’s decision in the university admission management system. Recording a decision takes on average 2 min. Once a decision is recorded, a notification is automatically sent to the student.
• The hourly cost of the officers at the international student’s office is e 50.
• The hourly cost of the academic committee (as a whole) is e 200.