Students must select a project on international issue or conflict, do research, organize materials and present the Case in the class by using one of the major theories in IR…..
Examine the UN Universal Declaration of Human Rights
Instructions: Imagine that you are advising a US policymaker engaged in international affairs. In the following topic write a 1000–1250 word policy brief advising the policymaker of the situation, and your policy recommendations. You are strongly encouraged to review the feedback from your first policy brief assignment before starting this second one. Please contact me with any questions or concerns.
Examine the UN Universal Declaration of Human Rights (http://www.un.org/en/documents/udhr/). The articles in the declaration outline fundamental human rights, such as right to life, liberty, security and person, right to migration, right to freedom of opinion and expression, right to medical care, etc. Choose one of the rights outlined, and explore how that right is not fully achieved in a country of your choice. Then formulate a realistic set of policy suggestions that could help that universal right be more fully realized in that country.
Regardless of the topic that you choose, your policy brief should accomplish the following:
1. State the issue or problem.
2. Provide contextual background for the issue or problem, including (if appropriate) a profile of the country or region you are examining and the history relevant to the issue or problem about which you are making a recommendation.
3. Discuss preexisting policies pursued by interested parties.
4. State the possible courses of action (policy options) that the US policymaker could pursue, and the advantages and disadvantages of each course of action. You should offer at least three potential courses of action.
5. Make your policy recommendation from the possible courses of action outlined earlier.
6. Provide a list of sources consulted (a works cited page).
The policy brief should make use of at least five reputable sources, of which at least three must be non-encyclopedic sources not specifically included in the course materials.
Formatting Guidelines: Your policy brief should be between 1000 and 1250 words (no exceptions). Font should be 12 point Times New Roman, Arial, or similar, text should be double-spaced. Margins should be set to 1-inch on all sides. You should be sure to appropriately cite all sources used (whether quoting directly or paraphrasing), and there should be a works cited page included. You may use any citation format you wish, as long as it is consistent, thorough, and accurate. If you do not have a preferred citation format, I recommend using APA or APSA style.
Some formatting and source selection resources:
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations publishes a Food Security Communications Toolkit. This document, available at………………
For a custom paper on the above topic, place your order now!
What We Offer:
• On-time delivery guarantee
• PhD-level writers
• Automatic plagiarism check
• 100% money-back guarantee
• 100% Privacy and Confidentiality
• High Quality custom-written papers