A s a student in this course you must be able to describe the evolving nature of IS/IT and their role in today’s organizations. Pick 2 non-technical jobs and….
Globalisation and its impact upon the IT industry
This is an individual assignment which contributes 100% of the marks for the coursework and the module.
Learning Outcomes being assessed:
- Demonstrate preparedness for employability by critically reflecting upon career management and the value of personal skills and strengths for lifelong learning
- Critically evaluate the role and relevance of professional bodies within the IT industry and the changing patterns of employment in the IT labour market
- Critically discuss current professional and social responsibility issues relating to the IT industry
You are to produce a report on one issue or problem of particular interest or concern from one of the following theme areas:
1. IT Industry developments
- Globalisation and its impact upon the IT industry
- Sustainability and “Green IT”
- Social Responsibility within the IT industry
Write a 2000 word report on one issue or problem within the IT industry. You must comment on ethical and social issues and you should also consider how professional practice has influenced the area and whether due social responsibility is being exercised. You must place discussion of the issue or problem in the context of your career aspirations. “IT industry” covers not only organisations developing or selling IT as their main business but any deployment of IT for commercial or public sector activities – scientific or military uses are excluded. (Even if you are planning to work in a non-IT vocation (such as teaching), you must still use your career aspirations as the context for discussion.)
Your report could use a current article or news story as the starting point. In any case, you will need to undertake deep research and demonstrate critical evaluation of and clear arguments around the issue or problem you are investigating. If you provide an assessment of future impact, it is suggested that you limit yourself to a 5-year horizon. Please ensure that you write in an academic style. Help on developing a good written style is available on the Learning Development web site. Follow this link: Study Guides
All and any evidence from external sources (some of which may be on web sites) must be correctly and fully referenced using Harvard referencing as per the University’s guidelines. A copy of the Referencing Guidance is on the module DLE site.
A report of 2,000 words, which is substantiated by a word count. This will count 100% towards the coursework mark
What We Offer:
• On-time delivery guarantee
• PhD-level professionals
• Automatic plagiarism check
• 100% money-back guarantee
• 100% Privacy and Confidentiality
• High Quality custom-written papers