Use Subheadings– but do not use more subheadings than listed below Introduction ● Signpost reader to the contents of your essay Campaign Overview ● Identify the campaign you are focusing….
Identify population health indicators particularly as they relate to vulnerable groups including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
Assessment title: Global Health Issues: Synopsis
Unit Learning Outcome 1 & 2:
LO1: Identify population health indicators particularly as they relate to vulnerable groups including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
LO2: Describe the social determinants of health including environmental determinants and the impact of climate change on global health
Outline of task
Details of task:
This is a student driven assessment. Students are to choose a global health issue in a context/population that interests them.
- Malaria (health issue), South Sudan (context/population) or
- MDR-TB (health issue) Russian prisons (context/population) or
- Mental Health (health issue) Vietnam Vets in USA (context/population) or
- Suicide (health issue) 18-25-year old’s in rural Australia (context/population).
If you are unsure of your chosen topic, please ask your workshop facilitator to check that you are on the right track.
Synopsis (1,000 words)
- 1. Introduction:Outline what you intend to cover in the essay (approx. 100 words)
- 2. Population outline:Use up to date population health and demographic statistics to describe the population and the context in which they live, work and play (approx. 100 words)
- 3. Health issue outline:Use up to date population health indicators to define the health issue first globally (briefly) then focus on your particular context/population (approx. 200 words)
- 4. Underlying causes:Use the literature to describe the underlying causes of this health issue paying particular attention to the social determinants of health (approx. 200 words)
- 5. Public Health Interventions:Describe evidence based public health interventions that are being used or could be used to address this health issue in thispopulation (approx. 300 words)
- 6. Conclusion: Summarise the main points of your synopsis. Link to the introduction (approx. 100 words)