Use Subheadings– but do not use more subheadings than listed below Introduction ● Signpost reader to the contents of your essay Campaign Overview ● Identify the campaign you are focusing….
Mixed Method Research
This module introduces the basic concepts of research approaches and research design. We will review different philosophical views, the types of quantitative, qualitative, and mixed methods designs, and the relationships among philosophy, designs, and methods. We will also discuss how to select a research approach for your future research.
Upon completion of this module, you will be able to:
- State the definition and the characteristics of mixed methods research
- Explain the 3 core mixed methods designs and compare them.
- Select the appropriate design, based on outcomes, data, timing, and researcher.
- Sparr, J. L., Knipfer, K., & Willems, F. (2016). How leaders can get the most out of formal training: The significance of feedback‐seeking and reflection as informal learning behaviors. Human Resource Development Quarterly, 28, 29-542. https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/epdf/10.1002/hrdq.21263
- Yawson, R. M., & Greiman, B. (2016). A systems approach to identify skill needs for agrifood nanotechnology: A multiphase mixed methods study. Human Resource Development Quarterly, 27,517-545. https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/epdf/10.1002/hrdq.21266
- Jara, I., Claro, M., Hinostroza, E. J., Martin, E. S., Rodriguez, P., Cabello, R., et al. (2015). Understanding factors related to Chilean students’ digital skills: A mixed methods analysis. Computers & Education, 88,387-398. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compedu.2015.07.016
- Reio, T. G., Jr. & Werner, J. M. (2017). Publishing Mixed Methods Research: Thoughts and Recommendations Concerning Rigor. Human Resource Development Quarterly, 28, 439-449. https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/epdf/10.1002/hrdq.21291
Please provide your responses.
- Select one of the three mixed methods research articles (#1-3) in [Reading]. You can select other mixed methods research articles.
- Analyze the article by using the attached sheet and the guideline from Reio and Werner (2017) (#4 in Readings).